Be Updated: Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name
1. Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name
Facebook is planning to rebrand itself with a new name focused on the metaverse. The change does not apply to its individual platforms only to the parent company that owns them. The tech giant comes under fire from regulators worldwide over its business practices, the Verge reported.
They reported that Facebook plans to announce the new name on 28th October. Facebook wants to be known for more than social media, according to the tech publication. A company spokesperson said that Facebook does not comment on rumors or speculation regarding the potential name change question. The move follows a series of negative stories about Facebook, based on documents leaked by an ex-employee.
In addition to its flagship social media network, Facebook also owns Instagram and WhatsApp. A name change could position the three mega-platforms under an umbrella brand. It is similar to the structure used by Google, which sits under the parent company Alphabet.
2. Instagram introduces new data analytics to provide more insights about your audience
Instagram introduces new data analytics to provide more data for creators and marketers. These new insight features will give you more specific info on who’s engaging with your content. It is whether they follow your profile or not – as well as the total reach of your Instagram posts.
The new insights will help guide your posting decisions. Furthermore, it will provide more opportunities to optimize your approach based on more specific data points.
The new metrics that Instagram added are:
- Accounts Engaged – This will show the total number of accounts that interacted with your content in a given period.
- Engaged Audience – This data will provide demographic insights into the users engaging with your content. It is whether they are following you or not, including top cities, top countries, top age ranges, and genders.
- Reached Audience – Similar to Engaged Audience, this will provide demographic information about the people you’ve reached. The analytics is based on a given period, including top cities, top countries, top age ranges, and genders.